TOPIC: Gethsemane (Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries Thursday, 12 July 2018)
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Matthew 26:36-39
MEMORY VERSE: “And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.” – Luke 22:43
In the Fire Scripture you just read, Jesus went to Gethsemane with His disciples but went farther with His three closest friends (Peter, James and John) whom He told to watch with Him. He went farther still to a war room and prostrated before His Father in deep anguish and prayed. When life was at its worst, Jesus fell on His face and prayed to God. He did not use any other approach but that of prayer.
The word ‘if’ in Jesus’ prayer is conditional, which means that God the Father has the final say on the petition He presented to Him. Jesus submitted to God’s will in His request.
The important lessons for you today include the following:
- To fulfill your destiny, you will come to your own Gethsemane.
- Gethsemane is a place of great anguish and great pressure.
- At Gethsemane, you confront God alone.
- At Gethsemane, your friends may not be able to watch with you, even though you confided in them.
- At Gethsemane, you submit absolutely to the will of God.
- At Gethsemane, you will receive strength from heaven.
- To every Gethsemane, there is an angel of deliverance.
A man who had risen to a managerial cadre in his company was invited for an interview by the outgoing boss who must suggest a successor to the foreign partners in USA.
The outgoing boss informed the man that the only requirement upon which his name could be recommended would be that he accepts to join the secret cult. This interview turned out to be a test of faith for the man.
If he gets the new position, he will be the overall boss for West Africa. If he becomes the overall boss, he would have reached the highest peak of his career. This man was to make a choice between taking a stand with Jesus as it was in the garden of Gethsemane or falling with the devil as it was in the Garden of Eden. He stood for Jesus and lost the position.
Eventually, the outgoing boss died mysteriously, and the man got a fantastic job elsewhere. Whenever life is hard, remember you are not the first to ask, “Is there another way?” God’s way is always the way and the best for you. He has a plan for you; just patiently find out HIS will for your life so as to take well-calculated destiny-steps as Jesus did.
TO FULFILL DESTINY, YOU MUST GO THROUGH THE GARDEN OF GETHSEMANE.
Receive the power to stand during your Gethsemane hour.
1. Father, let Your will be established in my life, in the name of Jesus.
2. I reject every satanic substitute for my life, in the name of Jesus.
3. I crucify every habit in me shielding me away from God’s will for my life, in the name of Jesus.
4. I bind every evil manipulation against me, in the name of Jesus.
5. Every destiny diverting arrangement for my life, scatter unto desolation, in the name of Jesus.
6. Holy Spirit, stamp eternity on my eye balls, in the name of Jesus.
7. My destiny is attached to God; I shall not fail, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide).