POWER COMMUNION SERVICE – 18TH JULY 2018
ANCHOR SCRIPTURE(S): LEVITICUS 6:12; ROMANS 12:11
MESSAGE TOPIC: ENHANCERS OF DEDICATION
By: Dr. Paul Enenche
SERVICE OBJECTIVE: Understanding what it takes to fan the flames of dedication to God
THINGS TO NOTE:
1. Dedication to God is a quality of great value in the sight of God (Rom. 12:11; Rev. 3:15-16)
2. Dedication to God is a major focus of enemy attack (Luke 22:31-32; 1Pet. 5:8-9; 1Cor. 10:13)
3. Dedication to God is an endangered virtue as we approach the end of the age (Matt. 24:12-13; 2Tim. 3:1-2)
It is important to lay hold on God in order to defend your dedication to God
ENHANCERS OF DEDICATION:
1. Constant touch with the Word of God (Josh. 1:8; John 6:63; Isa. 9:6-7; 59:17; Jer. 5:14; 20:9; Ps. 1:1-5)
To be successfully not just physically but also spiritually, you must be in constant touch with the Word of God
Your stand in the Word determines your stand in the world
HOW CONSTANT TOUCH WITH THE WORD OF GOD ASSISTS DEDICATION:
1a. The Word of God is a Container and a Transmitter of both the Spirit and the Life of God (John 6:63; Isa. 9:6-7; 59:17; Ezek. 2:2; Isa. 37:32)
1b. The Word of God is a Container and Transmitter of the Fire of God (Jer. 5:14; 20:9; 23:29)
Anytime you are out of touch with the Word, you are out of touch with Fire
The revelation of the Word is the revelation of fire
2. Praying in the Spirit (Acts 2:1-4; Rom. 5:5; Gal. 5:22; Acts 2:1-4; Matt. 3:11; 1Cor. 14:4; Acts 4:31)
HOW PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT ASSISTS DEDICATION:
2a. The Spirit of God saturates the heart of man with love or passion for God (Rom. 5:5; Gal. 5:22; 2Tim. 1:6-7)
Those who flow in the Spirit love God passionately and effortlessly
HOW PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT ASSISTS DEDICATION:
2b. The Spirit of God is the vehicle for the fire of God (Acts 2:1-4; Matt. 3:11; Luke 3:16)
You cannot have the Holy Ghost and lack fire!
2c. The Spirit of God is a spiritual charge-up system (1Cor. 14:4; Acts 2:1-4,13)
3. Periodic consecrational fast (2Cor. 11:27; Ps. 63:1-2; Isa. 40:31; Matt. 6:17)
The consecrational fast is the fasting that assists spiritual vibrancy and keeps you rugged in faith
HOW PERIODIC CONSECRATIONAL FASTS ASSIST DEDICATION:
3a. Fasting periods are periods for the amplification of spiritual hunger and passion for God (Ps. 63:1-2)
3b. Fasting periods are periods of spiritual strength build-up (Isa. 40:31; Matt. 17:21)
To know how to fast is to know how to last
4. Keeping the right company (Dan. 2:17; Isa. 41:6-7; Prov. 27:17; Mark 2:3-4; Acts 4:23)
Many people today, where they are in life is a function of who they surround themselves with
Love people liberally but associate carefully
HOW KEEPING THE RIGHT COMPANY ASSISTS DEDICATION:
4a. The right Godly company provides adequate motivation and inspiration unto dedication to God (Isa. 41:6-7; Prov. 27:17; 13:20; Eccl. 4:9-11)
Any friend who is not polishing you is punishing you; none will leave you neutral
Anybody not motivating you is limiting you; run for your life!
4b. The right Godly company provides succour and defence in times of challenge (Mark 2:3-4; Acts 14:19-20)
Real friends are those who can carry you when you can’t carry yourself! (Mark 2:3-4)
5. The climate of worship (Acts 2:47; Ps. 95:2; Neh. 8:10b)
HOW THE CLIMATE OF WORSHIP ASSISTS DEDICATION:
5a. The climate of worship is the climate of Divine Presence (Ps. 95:2; 16:11; 114:1-7)
The Presence of God has an addictive capacity; the more you know God, the more you want to know Him
Worshippers of God are carriers of God
5b. The climate of worship is the climate of spiritual strength (Neh. 8:10b; Hab. 3:18-19)
There can be no dedication to God without personal decision (Josh. 24:15; Job 13:15; 23:12; 27:3-6; Ps. 27:4; 132:1-5; 1Cor. 9:16; Acts 21:10-13; Phil. 1:9; Acts 20:22-24)
Dedication to God is not a gift, it is a choice!
DECISIONS YOU MUST MAKE:
i. To live for the pleasure of God
ii. To live to fulfil the purpose of God for your life
iii. To refuse to spend your whole lifetime on earthly matters
iv. To make Kingdom deposits of eternal relevance
Help me Lord with the discipline to study Your Word and the grace to wait on You; help me Lord to be free from the wrong association; help me with a heavy passion for worship and fill me afresh with the Spirit of God to saturate my heart with passion, love for You and fire in Jesus’ Name!
Holy Spirit I welcome You. Jesus I thank You because You are the Baptizer with the Holy Spirt and with Fire. I receive from You the baptism of the Spirit with the evidence of speaking
in tongues. I receive a shift to a higher level in Jesus’ Name!
Communion for a new level of dedication, manifestation and Divine perfection (Ps. 138:8)
– Very very soon God will use you to show that it pays to serve God!
– This week is not permitted to expire until your expected harvest arrives!
– The things that are negative and wrong in this Nation, their end is nearby!
– In this season, receive the opening of a new chapter, a new season and a seal! This is the dawning of a new day!
– The enemy in your life resisting your expectation is defeated!