Welcome to June! I believe we must have had some definite encounters with the wisdom from above all through the month of May 2018. I also believe that God must have listed many of us among the highflyers of His Kingdom through diverse encounters with the Word. This month we shall examine how to be blessed and also be a blessing. However, this week, we shall focus on Walking in Financial Dominion!
We discover from scriptures, among others, that every child of God is ordained to walk in financial dominion. As it is written: For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich (2 Corinthians 8:9; see also Deuteronomy 8:18; 3 John 1:2).
It is important to note that the end-time church is ordained for financial dominion. As it is written: And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD’S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem (Isaiah 2:2-3).
In addition, according to Haggai, God will be unleashing financial fortune upon the end time church. It is also written: The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts. The glory of this latter house (end time church) shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts… (Haggai 2:8-9).
Furthermore, God swore to Abraham, in response to the attempted sacrifice of his son on mount Moriah: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which [is] upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice (Genesis 22:17-18). If, according to scriptures, every child of God is a seed of Abraham; then, we are ordained to walk in financial dominion (Galatians 3:29).
Finally, prominent among the blessings of the law is financial dominion. As it is written: …and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow. And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath… (Deuteronomy 28:12-13).
How then can we walk in Financial Dominion?
- Be Born Again: Every blessing in the Kingdom can only flow to us when we are saved. In other words, the salvation of our souls is the access key to the realm of financial dominion. The Bible says that Christ was slain to receive for us power, riches, wisdom, strength, honour, glory and blessing (Revelation 5:12).
- Engage the Covenant of Seedtime and Harvest: The covenant of Seedtime and Harvest is a sure way to our financial dominion. The Scripture says: …He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: 2 Corinthians 9:6-8; Genesis 8:20-22, 2 Corinthians 9:6-8; Philippians 4:15-19). From the scripture above, giving is the biblical gateway to financial dominion (Acts 20: 35; Luke 6:38). That is why we must not see our giving and offerings as financial donations to the church, but as spiritual transactions for provoking divine supplies among others (2 Corinthians 9: 6-8,11; Philippians 4:19). However, it is important to understand that the Kingdom of God is that of order. Thus, in order to enjoy financial blessings, our offerings must be sown in this order.
- Tithing: This is the giving of 10 percent of the totality of our earnings to God which is the master key to a world of financial fortune. This does not belong to us; it is God’s portion which He must not be denied of (Malachi 3:10). We must understand that any sacrifice can bring us to any level of blessing, but only our tithes can preserve it.
- Worship Offering: We are admonished not to come into God’s presence empty-handed. It is written: …and they shall not appear before the Lord empty: Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the Lord thy God which he hath given thee (Deuteronomy 16:16-17).
- Kingdom Promotion Giving: This is giving for the furtherance of the Kingdom. The Bible says: Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you (Matthew 6:33; see also Haggai 1:3-14).
- Giving to Biological Parents: The Word of God instructs us to honour our parents in the Lord that it might be well with us; financial blessing inclusive. When we do, we provoke the release of blessings from their hearts like Isaac poured his heart out to bless Jacob (Genesis 27:3/ 25-29; Exodus 20:12).
In conclusion, Christ, our perfect example was and is the Master Giver. He gave and gave until He gave His life; a living sacrifice indeed! This must be why He commanded such a dimension of financial dominion while he walked the planet earth (Matthew 17:26-27; Mark 4:39-41, 14:13-16; John 13:27-29). However, as mentioned earlier, new birth is the only access we have to walking in financial dominion.
Are you born again? If you are not, this is an opportunity to do so. Simply say the following prayer: Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious Blood. Today, I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Thank You Jesus for saving me! Now I know I am born again!”
For further reading, please get my books: Understanding Financial Prosperity, Breaking Financial Hardship, Covenant Wealth and Hidden Covenants of Blessing.
I invite you to come and fellowship with us at the Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, the covenant home of Winners. We have five services on Sundays, holding at 6:00 a.m., 7:50 a.m., 9:40 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 1:20 p.m. respectively. I know this teaching has blessed you.
Write and share your testimony with me through: Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, P.M.B. 21688, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria; or call 01-4548070, 01-4548280; or E-mail: email@example.com; Face book: www.facebook.com/davidoyedepoministries/; Twitter: @DavidOyedepoMin