Getting married is an exciting event to look forward to, but before you say your “I Do(s),” there are some things you have to do together to perpetuate your relationship.
Here are some of them:
1. Travel together : Going on a road trip will put you both in close quarters with each other for a long time. You will start to see your relationship from different aspects when you are stuck with each other. Little annoyances, like singing loudly and off-key to every song that comes on a radio is tolerable for the first 20 minutes may not be palatable but with time you get use to it. You might discover that traveling with your man makes you or him more irritable with one another or more tolerable.
2. Disagree with each other : It was once said that a relationship without arguments is a relationship with a lot of secret, If you always agree with your future husband, take a step back and think about your relationship. Disagreements, arguments, and different opinions are important in a healthy relationship. Sometime down the road, you are going to disagree about a course of action, so before you get married, it is vital that you learn to compromise. You disagree to agree together with opinions because of some factors -your IQ that is your reasoning faculties, your level of exposes,your upbringings and your family background.
3. Discuss expectations. You both must likely have an expectation of how you want your marriage to look like. Perhaps you expect him to split the household chores evenly and for both of you to work full-time when you have children. On the other hand, he might expect you to stay home when you have children and do all of the household chores since you are a stay-at-home mom which may not be very okay with you either.
4. Finances: A man once said that is the garden of Eden lives and sustain on four different kind if Rivers,nothing stops a man from having multiple source of income. The issue of either joint account or personal account or both has to be put in place and it’s measures.
5. Spend time apart: You love each other so much that you want to spend every moment together, but now is actually the time to spend time apart because you will need to prepare yourselves as to if one of you involved or engaged in some other business, how will you feel then. Someone once said distance makes the heart grow fonder and distance also makes a relationship healthier, which is true.
Men and women need companionship in friends and family. As much as your future husband/ wife loves you, he might not understand your need to talk for hours about everything under the moon, but your best girlfriend totally understands that need.
Don’t be afraid to have a girl’s night without him or boys hangout with her.
6. Live with someone other than family: Living with someone who was raised differently than you is important before you get married as to learn different perspective of different people. Behavior can’t be the same just have different finger with different individuals so You don’t need to live with your fiance to have this experience. Living with roommates teaches you to solve household problems like dirty dishes, time management and general cleanliness. You get used to not having lots of privacy and dealing with other people’s quirks. You also learn how to compromise and how to have healthy conflicts. These experiences teach you how to adjust to another’s living habits and possibly some level of tolerance which is a vital skill you will bring into marriage.
7. Purpose and passion : Purpose was said to be the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists. Or better still a person’s sense of resolve or determination. So also passion is according to Oprah Winfrey ” is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” This is more like self discovery so that it will make your journey to be less stressed and so that when you know each others purpose and passion, leaning on each others shoulder will be easy and the other person know where to encourage and support and provide every necessary things to making the journey successful.
*Everything you are going through is preparing for what you ask for.