We know and believe that Jesus Christ was killed and buried but was not left in the grave, He was raised back to life on the third day. God raised Jesus Christ from the dead, how? How was Jesus raised? Let’s read what the scripture says;
Ephesians 1:19-20 KJV
(19) And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
(20) Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
The Father raised Jesus Christ His Son by His mighty power. What then is this mighty power of God, who can have it and how can one have it? The mighty power of God is the power of the Holy Spirit. The power is in the Holy Spirit.
It is the Holy Spirit who always moves into action to perform the Father’s desire and brings them to pass; it is the Holy Spirit who made it impossible for Jesus Christ to remain in the grave. It was the same Holy Spirit who formed Jesus in the womb of Mary, did mighty works through Jesus Christ, He was the same Person who went to the grave to bring back Jesus from the dead.
Who Is The Holy Spirit?
The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead. He is one with the Father: He is not different from the Father, just as the Father and the Son are one that is how the Father and the Holy Spirit are one. The Holy Spirit is not lower to the Father or to the Son in ranking they are equal but not separate, the three of them are one. The name ‘Holy Spirit only depicts the form in which the Father is revealing Himself to the world.
When He revealed Himself to the people of the Old Testament before the coming of the Messiah, He revealed Himself as Jehovah and always appear in His glory and leaves whenever He wants to leave, that was the first dispensation. Another dispensation came when He chose to come and live physically among men, in this dispensation He revealed Himself as the Word made flesh when He took the form of man, that was the dispensation God revealed Himself as Emmanuel meaning God with us. The same God who always come in His glory and leave, divided the red sea was the same God who came in human flesh and dwelled physically with men, how did He do it, by His word. He came in human flesh by His word, when the Father sent His word to Mary by angel Gabriel, the Holy Spirit moved into action, came on her and caused the word to become God in human flesh.
The Holy Spirit is God reveling Himself in another form. We are now in the dispensation of the Holy Spirit, not in the dispensation of Emmanuel any more. Emmanuel is God with us, that is God with man while the Holy Spirit in a believer is God in man and God with man, that is what makes us new creation. It is the Holy Spirit who made new birth possible that is why the world cannot understand us.
John 14:16-17 KJV
(16) And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
(17) Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
We are not in the dispensation of Emmanuel because in the dispensation of Emmanuel, people only had God with them but could not be born again, but in this dispensation of the Holy Spirit people could now be born again, this is the dispensation that God lives not just with man but more importantly, in man.
What we have now is divinity in humanity and divinity with humanity.
Emmanuel could not be everywhere at the same time, He was restricted to a particular location and limited by time and space but the Holy Spirit is not limited by time and space and is not restricted to a particular location, He can be everywhere at the same time making the same impact as long He is welcomed everywhere.
Emmanuel could not go beyond the nation of Israel because He was sent to redeem the nation of Israel but by redeeming them by the power of His cross, died and resurrected, He paved way for the Holy Spirit to come and bring other nations who had no covenant with God to be brought to God through new birth for everyone who confess Him as Lord and savior because when He was nailed to the cross, His blood was shed and it was the shedding of His blood that washed all the sins of the whole world away.
The Holy Spirit means the Spirit of the Holy One. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the living God. There cannot be a man without his spirit, spirit is what makes a man, once the spirit leaves the man, the man is dead and cannot live again. The Holy Spirit is God. The Father is the Gardener, Jesus Christ, the Son is the planter while the Holy Spirit is the labourer. The Holy Spirit is the doer of everything the Father says. Before the Messiah came, there were prophecies about Him, how He was going to suffer and what kind of death He would die, when the Messiah came, the Emmanuel who is Jesus Christ, He also talked about the kind of death He was going to die and how He would resurrect on the third day.
When those prophecies came forth, the doer of God’s work, the Holy Spirit kept watching for the prophecies to come to pass and was waiting for the time when the Messiah would be killed and buried. When Jesus Christ was killed, the devil though he had won the contest but the Holy Spirit, the power of God kept watching and waiting for the number of hours Jesus was to spent in the grave to be complete and immediately the hours were completed, He moved mightily, working in Jesus and brought Him back to life, so Jesus was raised from the dead.
That is who the Holy Spirit is and what He can do. He brings everything that is dead back to life. He is the power of God and He is the promise of the Father to all His children. The children of God are those who are born again, only those who are born of God can receive the Holy Spirit.
Acts 2:38-39 KJV
(38) Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
(39) For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Prophet Joel foresaw this and prophesied about the dispensation that was coming when people would be filled with the Holy Spirit.
Joel 2:28-29 KJV
(28) And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
(29) And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
You Can Be Filled With the Holy Spirit and Be Full of His Power
Every believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit and be full of the power of God.
Acts 1:8 KJV
(8) But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
There is no other way to have the real power without being filled with the Holy Spirit. When the Holy Spirit comes to fill a man, He comes with all His power, the same power with which He raised Jesus Christ from the dead. It is the same power of the Holy Spirit by which Jesus performed many miracles, did signs and wonders, healed the sick and raised the dead when He walked the earth, the same power comes to reside in a believer once He is filed with the Holy Spirit.
Acts 10:38 KJV
(38) How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
You can’t have God’s power other way than to be filled with the Spirit. The power of God is the greatest and the highest power in the whole world and this power is in the Holy Spirit. This is the only power that can destroy the power of Satan and all his angels. As a believer you don’t need to start asking God for any power, all you need is the Holy Spirit – to be filled with Him and yield constantly to His leading, He is the one to manifest this exceeding great power in and through you and when you are filled with Him you won’t have less power than Jesus had when He walked the earth. Receive the Holy Spirit and receive the mighty power of God into your life.
How To Receive and Be Filled With the Holy Spirit
I will show you only two ways one can receive and be filled with the Holy Spirit:
- By asking the Father in the name of Jesus Christ to fill you with the Holy Spirit.
Luke 11:9-13 KJV
(9) And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
(10) For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
(11) If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
(12) Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
(13) If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
If you are born again, you are a child of God and God has become your Father all you need to do is to ask the Father to fill you with the Holy Spirit.
If you are not born again, you cannot receive the Holy Spirit because it is the precious gift from the Father to all His children, for you to enjoy the blessing, you have to first be born again which I would advise you to do now.
- By laying on of hands. One can have hands laid on him by a believer who is filled with the Holy Spirit.
Pastor Abraham David
Whatsapp and Call (+2348036807925)