POWER COMMUNION SERVICE – 11TH JULY 2018
ANCHOR SCRIPTURE(S): ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14
MESSAGE TOPIC: THE ROOTS OF OUR DEDICATION
By: Dr. Paul Enenche
SERVICE OBJECTIVE: Understanding the roots of our dedication
WHAT DOES A ROOT DETERMINE?
1. Roots determine stability
2. Roots determine sustenance
3. Roots determine success
THE ROOTS OF OUR DEDICATION:
1. The understanding of the purpose of our existence on earth (Eccl. 12:13-14; 12:6-7; Ps. 90:12; Isa. 43:21; Phil. 1:21; Ps. 102:18; Acts 17:28; Rev. 4:11)
THE POWER OF UNDERSTANDING:
i. Understanding affects action and behaviour (Dan. 9:2-3)
If we know the same things, we will behave the same way
ii. Understanding brings success and terminates struggles (Eccl. 10:15)
Where understanding is available, struggle is eliminated
You will not be judged by what you left on earth, you will be judged by what you invested in Heaven
HOW DOES UNDERSTANDING COME?
1a. Through the entrance of the Word (Ps. 119:130; Dan. 9:2-3; Ps. 119:99)
1b. Through inspired teaching and preaching (Acts 8:30-31)
1c. Through the Spirit of God (Job 32:8; Isa. 11:2; Eph. 1:17-18; 1Cor. 2:9-10)
1d. Through asking God at the place of prayer (1Kings 3:9, 12)
1e. Through departing from evil (Job 28:28)
Anything that defiles your conscience blocks your understanding
2. Passion for God (Ps. 42:1-2, 122:1, 27:4, 84:1-2)
Passion for God means pure, unadulterated love for God; a state of fervency and intensity after God; vigour, desire, intensity and enthusiasm for God, a heart after God, addiction for God.
THE POWER OF PASSION:
i. Passion is the fuel for pursuit
Passion determines pursuit and pursuit determines possession
ii. Passion is the fuel for sacrifice (Ps. 132:1-5)
Where you spend your time determines where you have your passion
iii. Passion is the fuel for sacrifice (Ps. 132:1-5)
HOW PASSION IS DEVELOPED:
2a. Through meditating and reasoning the Word (Ps. 39:3; Rom. 12:1-2; Heb. 4:12-13)
2b. Through the Ministry of the Holy Spirit (Rom. 5:5)
2c. Through association with people of passion (Prov. 27:17; Acts 4:13)
Who you hang around with determines the passion and fire you carry
2d. Through the power of consecration (Acts 2:1-4)
1. Take the time to understand the exact purpose of your existence (Rev. 4:11)
2. Take the time to develop strong passion for God (Isa. 43:21)
If anything captures your fancy more than God, something is wrong
Father, thank You for Your Word to me tonight.
Father, help me with a deeper understanding of the reason for my existence. Help me not to live just for myself, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, increase my passion for You. Let nothing occupy a higher place in my heart than You Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
Lord, nothing can take Your place in my life. You will take Your place in my life Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
COMMUNION FOCUS (LUKE 24:30-31):
Communion of dedication; communion of higher level of commitment, deeper understanding and passion for God
– Systems lose their peace, sleep and rest until they release to you all that is yours
– Before you return on Sunday, receive breakthrough encounters
– We speak to Nigeria and decree that confusion shall give way for direction and bloodshed shall give way for revival.
– I decree fresh passion for God and fresh understanding of your purpose in Jesus’ Name