First will be addressing the fact that people as mixed up calling noodles in the name indomie as their collective name, which in right sense it is not, this has been the act of a common Nigerian to always change the name of a popular brand to the collective name of a particular product.
Indomie is just a popular brand, and there are other types of noodles such as minimie, super packs, and the likes. The general name for each type of this product is noodles and not indomie. Actually this is not our discuss on this article our discuss is actually about eating noodles, whether it is dangerous to eat it or not.
There have been many questions about this particular product, even after they have possessed National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control [NAFDAC] number, this has really caused me to think maybe we don’t even trust this national agency that has endorsed these products.
Many even don’t taste or ever buy this product before, they just assume or peradventure based on what someone told them about the product and start carrying about what they heard without even confirming it.
Actually am not here to advertise these particular products or come here to tell you this healthy, though it might be so healthy but it is not as dangerous as most think or say. We will be talking about some assumptions as touching this particular product.
- Instant noodles inhibit absorption of nutrient for children under the age of 5years.
ANSWER: I tell you there’s no mechanism by which noodles will inhibit such both in adults and younger ones, a malnourished child is due to incomplete necessary nutrient. No scientific basis for noodles being an inhibit absorption.
- Instant noodles contain an ingredient called “Styrofoam” causing cancer.
ANSWER: Styrofoam is known to be a material used in building construction, road construction, used as an insulator and in automobile. There is in a wax form and no wax or Styrofoam that can cause cancer in noodles.
- Women who eat instant noodles during their pregnancy may encounter miscarriage, because it affects the development of a fetus.
ANSWER: without any professional attention on this, we should know this is blunt lie, because I don’t know how noodles can contain heavy substances or chemical that could affect the embryogenesis or fetal development. Never!
- Instant noodles are a junk food because it is fully enriched in carbohydrate, but no vitamins, fiber and minerals. This makes it a junk food.
ANSWER: fine! Noodles is a junk food but not the only one, we have a lot of junk foods and people rarely eat noodles without fortifying o supplementing it with egg, pepper, tomatoes, green bean and other veggies. It could be enriched even with being a junk food, so that is not an excuse for making it a dangerous product.
- Instant noodles contain Monosodium Glutamate used in enhancing the flavor of instant noodles. And people who are allergic to MSG consume noodles and end up in suffering from headaches, facial flushing, pain, burning sensations.
ANSWER: really, do I ever seen someone complain headache after eating noodles the simple answer is no. Am sure this is just a mere statement there’s no proof for this.
- Part of the ingredient of instant noodles called “Propylene Glycol” which has anti-freeze property. This ingredient is used because it prevents the noodles from dying by retaining moisture. It weakens the immune system of our body. It is easily absorbed by the body and accumulates in the kidneys, heart and liver. It causes abnormalities and damages to those areas.
ANSWER: hmm! This is of no real source because no proof or any evidence has proved this right. It is nothing but a lie.
- Instant noodles are packed with high amounts of sodium. Excess consumption of sodium leads to heart disease and stroke, hypertension and kidney damage.
ANSWER: yes, noodles contain sodium but trust me it is not to the level of being harmful. So you can’t amount the sodium inside noodles to the causes of all above mentioned disease, because they all have a strong genetic basis and collective lifestyle factors as risk factors.
- Instant noodles contains fat and large amounts of sodium, which causes water retention in the body and surely it leads to overweight, obesity leads to heart problems.
ANSWER: this is a big no; noodles never cause obesity even if nutritionist or a medical person discourage noodles, it is not because it is the major cause of obesity. No!
- Instant noodles are bad for digestive system. Regular consumption of instant noodles causes irregular bowel movements and blotting
ANSWER: medical practitioners states that saying this is lack of basic knowledge of basic science, and no patient ever complain indigestion after eating noodles.
- Regular consumption of instant noodles affects the body’s metabolism, because of the chemical substances like additives, coloring and preservatives inside the noodles.
ANSWER: medical practitioners discourage processed foods because they don’t like too much consumption of additives and preservatives. This is a problem associated with all the processed foods including soft drinks, fruit juices, candies, cakes, fast foods, and so on. So the case of noodles is not different as everyone thinks or says it is not as dangerous as it is painted by people.
To conclude everything eating noodles is not dangerous; it is simply unhealthy and shouldn’t be eaten regularly. It should be once in a while meal , and if at all you want to take it, it should be supplement with things that could enrich it.
Say the facts and not lies!