Joel Osteen is the pastor of the Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas. Here are some facts you might not know about Joel Osteen.
Did you know that?
- Joel Osteen is known as the smiling preacher.
- He is a positive preacher as well as a televangelist.
- Since he became the head of Lakewood church he has grown the church’s membership to over 40,000(4 times the members in his father’s time)
- The Lakewood church was founded by his father John Osteen.
- Joel Osteen never intended to become a preacher.
- He ran his Father’s television ministry behind the scenes for 17 years.
- Joel Osteen is a college dropout.
- He most times starts his sermons with a joke.
- Prior to becoming a pastor, he had a fear of public speaking.
- His estimated net worth is over $40 million.
- He lives in a $10.5 million home, with six bedroom, three elevators, six bathroom, a guest house, five fireplaces and a pool house. He still has his former house worth $2.9 million.
- His teachings about prosperity have been publicly called into question.
- He is a bestselling author and a popular motivational speaker
- His first book was “Your best life now: 7 steps to living in full potential, was released in 2004 and has since that time sold more than 110 million copies.
- The aspect of not having a cross or religious symbols in his services, sparks debate among other Christians.
- He no longer takes his $200,000 salary from Lakewood church.
- He met his wife, Victoria, at a jewelry store. Their first date was at the church he now pastors with her.
- The Lakewood church was formerly the arena for the Houston basketball team before they moved.
- He got married on April 4 1987.
- His siblings (Paul, Lisa, Tamara and April) are also into full time ministry.
- Joel and Victoria have two children (Jonathan Osteen and Alexandria Ostee.
- The Lakewood church has a congregational confession
“This is my Bible. I am what it says I am, I have what it says I have, I can do what it says I can do. Today I will be the Word of God. I boldly confess my mind is alert, my heart is receptive, I’ll never be the same, in Jesus name.”
- He pastors the largest church in America.
Those are some of the facts about Joel Osteen, You can add your own via the Comment Box Below.