Phones are no longer cheap in stores especially the smartphones.
The recent drop in value of the Nigerian currency has increased the prices of products in the market.
Before things got to this state, you could purchase an Android device as low as N10,000 and even below but not anymore.
With all sincerity, you will not be able to get a good Android phone for less than N20,000.
All you would seem to get is a phone with low specifications; not able to perform your desired task.
Day by day, companies produce newer versions of Android phones with various functions and specifications and the cost of getting this device doesn’t seem to be friendly at all, leaving only those who can afford extra funds to get them.
However, these companies also understand that not all would be able to afford the price of smartphones with higher functions and specifications and so have also made available products that even the masses can afford (cheap ones). It should be noted that most of the phones in this category have very low Random Access Memory (RAM), small internal storage and the display size is pretty small in most cases. Examples of these phones are iTel 6800 and iTel 6900 and the likes which are sold for less than N10,000 on e-commerce stores like Konga and Jumia. Be deceived not, they are not running on Android OS.
Below are Cheap Android Phones under N20,000. These phones are listed in no particular order as they are the top Android Smartphones you can easily purchase with less than N20,000 on Jumia.
- Innjoo X3: This smartphone runs an Android 5.0 Lollipop with a 4-inch screen at 800×400 px resolution. It packs a 1.3GHz quad-core processor, a 2MP back camera, a 0.3MP front camera and a battery capacity of 1300mAh. It also comes with 512MB RAM and a 4GB internal storage and it supports up to 32GB micro SD card. It is available for N16,000 on Jumia.
- Tecno Y2: This type of smartphone runs an Android 4.4 Kitkat, also with a 4-inch screen display. It also comes with a 512MB of RAM, an 8GB storage and supports up to 32GB micro SD. On board, there is a 1.3GHz quad-core processor and it has a 2MP rear camera and a 0.3MP front camera. It has a battery capacity of 1600mAh. Available on Jumia for about N17,000.
- iTel 1409: This Android device has some similar specifications with that of the Tecno Y2 like the Front and Rear Camera property, the RAM and Internal storage. The screen has a size of 4 inches too but with a different resolution of 480×800 px. It runs Android 5.0 Lollipop and comes with a battery capacity of 1500mAh. It is sold presently at N15,000.
- Alcatel Onetouch 4027D: This device runs an Android 4.4 Kitkat with a 4.5 inch screen. It comes with a 4GB internal storage and of course uses an SD card. The rear camera is 5MP and the front is 1.3MP. It has a quad-core processor of 1.3GHz and a RAM of 512MB on board. It is sold for N15,000 at the moment on Jumia.
- Lenovo A1000: This kind of smartphone delivers a little bit more than the previously listed ones. It runs Android 6.0 Lollipop and comes with a 1.0GHz quad-core processor. It comes with a 1GB RAM and 8GB of internal storage, also supports a micro SD up to 32GB. It also has a 4-inch screen, a 5MP rear camera and a front camera. Battery capacity is 2000mAh and currently goes for N18,500 on Jumia.
- Tecno W1: Just like the Lenovo A1000, the Tecno W1 also has 1GB RAM, an 8GB internal storage and a 4-inch WVGA touch screen. It has a 1.3GHz quad-core processor, a front and rear camera in which that of the back is 2MP. It also has 1800mAh camera and also runs the latest Android 7.0 Nougat. On Jumia, it currently goes for N17,500.
- Huawei Y3: This has a quad-core processor of 1.0GHz, a 1GB RAM and an 8GB internal storage. It has a 4.5 inch display and runs on Android OS 5.1 Lollipop. It has a camera of 5MP rear and 2MP front.
On a final note, there are several other brands of Smartphones which are below N20,000 in Nigeria e-commerce stores and plazas. Some of the devices are even sold for below N16,000 but the above listed were handpicked for a reason; because they are easily repaired from centers across the nation.