The journey is to the end that we have the understanding of the things the WORD OF GOD can do for every Christians. Beautiful, but before we embark on this journey I will like us to see some basic things about the WORD OF GOD together.
Psalms 138vs2 I will worship toward Your holy temple, And praise Your name For Your loving-kindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word above all Your name. there’s a phrase I really want us to see in that verse which say “For You have magnified Your word above all Your name” who is the “YOU” the Psalmist was referring to?, “GOD” is the you, he has magnified, in other words exalted, placed above, raised, intensified, made more important than all your name, note very well the verb “magnified” was written in a past form that means he has done that already, HIS words is above HIS name already no questioning, it is not by our works and it can never be by our works, that’s how he wants it and that’s how it is.
Why I am laying all this foundation is just for us to know how powerful the WORD OF GOD is, trust me it is beyond what you can ever imagine, or think of. It worked, it is working and it will forever work, I am a living testimony. See this Isaiah 55vs11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. What! This is the Lord’s saying it shall not return to me void, wow! Then Christians gat to put on a dancing shoe, he is a faithful God he will always keep to his words unlike man but it baffles me when we see CHRISTIANS that still take the word of God with levity, seeing it as impotent, not valuing it hmm!, the lord is helping us all.
We will be considering some few points out of the numerous things the WORD OF GOD can do in the life of a Christian
- THE WORD OF GOD CAN STRENGTHEN OUR FAITH. Yes our faith which is the basis of our Christian life, our spirit was saved by our faith in the Jesus Christ, definitely our soul which on the process of saving will be saved also by our faith, that will lead to automatic saving of our body, that why the scripture says in Hebrews 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. Wow! The just shall live by faith, if that is the case then our faith needs to be strengthen, if that’s only what we will live by, very simple as a JUST your faith determines how you live. Thanks to God we now know we will be living by our faith then how do I empower, strengthen, and uphold my faith, it is only by the word of God, Ro 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Wow! Hearing the word of God is what brings about faith, so the more you hear and obey the more faith comes, you hear your faith builds, you hear you faith is empower. Is that not beautiful enough? Yes it. Take the word of God and build your faith.
- THE WORD OF GOD CAN SUPPLY WISDOM. The only reason so many Christian are bankrupt of wisdom is because they’ve not get acquainted with the word of God, and what does wisdom means wisdom is knowing the next and right thing to do, if truly you’ve been a Christian and you’ve truly been meditating on God’s word very well one of the things that will be evident in your life is the divine wisdom of God to access and address issues Proverbs4:11 I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths how has he taught us, it is through his words, the word of God is able and capable to make us wise as a Christian. Get the word of God and you will never lack wisdom.
- THE WORD OF GOD CAN GIVE LIGHT. You cannot be a man of God’s word and every area of your life is full of darkness NO, it gives light, the more of God’s word you caught the more lighten you become, the more you shine, you can’t be a man of the word and dwell in darkness, even Jesus Christ the living word of God himself is light John1:4 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. You can only on tap light from light, if you sincerely desire a lighted life then you need to get with the word of God Ps 119:130 ¶ The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
- THE WORD OF GOD CAN GIVE POWER. Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. We wrestle not against flesh and blood but principalities, if that’s what we wrestle with then we can’t never conquer the battle on our own we need God’s power, and God’s power can only be access through the word of God which is also the sword of the spirit Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: the word of God is capable of granting us access to the power of God. The spirit needs the sword to wrestle get the sword of the spirit which is the word of God then you become the winner of the battle through the spirit.
- THE WORD OF GOD CAN PURIFY. Purification can only come by we washing ourselves with the word of God, if any Christian desire to live a pure and holy life then the Christian should be someone who desires the word of God , a pure life is what grant access to the hill of the lord, a Christian life cannot be better live without a pure and a holy heart, for eye of the lord cannot behold sin, to pure means to sinless, for to be able to behold us, we need the washing by the word Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word.
Sincerely, these are just few out of the numerous things the word of God is capable of doing; the word is capable of making, raising, keeping, and building a man. In the word of God there is life, power and every other thing you may desire as a Christian, the word of God has liberated, still liberating and will forever liberate, get with the word of God and see that truly God is real and still manifest power like the days of old.