Time is a very precious jewel, time waits for no man, time is universal, time can’t be stopped, time can’t be stretched, but your time can be invested. Many achieve a lot in the giving time while many are lost in time. These are three vital reasons why your 24 hours is not enough
- Planning: This is a fore thought of the day ahead. One of the major reason your 24hrs is not enough is because you’ve not effectively planned for it. What you don’t plan for will surely fail. If you don’t plan your day you will spend it unwisely. Benjamin Franklin said this commonly heard quote ‘’by failing to plan, you are preparing to fail’’. Planning is very essential.
Planning is thinking about and organizing the activities required achieving required goal
Jesus speaking in Luke 14:28 ‘’ for which of you is intending to build a tower, sits not thou first and plan?’’ any day you don’t plan for will surely fail I tell you… I love this from Abraham Lincoln ‘’ give me 6hrs to chop a tree and I will spend the first 4hrs to sharpen my axe. Some of us spend our day aimlessly and at the end you will know because when you sit down to check how much you’ve achieved, you’ll know you’ve not achieved anything. Haven’t you ever wonder how some use just a little time to achieve a lot and there you are hoping you can have more time, it because they approached there time strategically and not carelessly, they know what to do per time.
How do I plan?
- Write out a plan/a to do list; outline what you want to accomplish in a day, especially things that will take you a step closer to achieving your dreams and these must be realistic. A secret to achieving this also is to have some kind of routine you do every day, especially in the morning when you can track you day, accomplishing this every day will give you some kind or moral boost for the day. Examples are, a morning devotion, exercise, reading and likes. And also place your most difficult task early in the day, this will also give some sense of accomplish all through the day.
- Keep to your schedule
- Review to see your lapses before going to sleep. Review your accomplishment and look for how to improve your productivity
- The second reason why your 24hrs is not enough is PROCRASTINATION; Procrastination is the fertilizer that makes difficulties grow. The reason what you have to do today seems difficult is because you’ve carried over the load of the other day. Matt 6:34 ‘’ So don’t worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today. Any duty you pend today will come once more tomorrow with seven other duties. Do what you have to do today, today don’t wait till tomorrow. All problems becomes smaller is you don’t dodge them but confront them. Proverbs 6:6 ‘’go to the ant thou sluggard, consider her ways and be wise’’ no lazy man can live the fullest of his day. Success comes to a man who does today what others were thinking of doing tomorrow. Your day look so crowded because you’ve carried over a lot of duties from the day before.
- YOU DIDN’T COMMIT YOUR DAY TO THE LORD; This very crucial and should be the first on this list. Without God fully in charge of your day you can do nothing,’’ For with man it is impossible but with God all things are possible’’ Luke 1:37. Psalm 37:5 commit thy ways to the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. Pro 16:3 commit thy works unto the Lord and thy thoughts shall be established. Give God the first fruit of your day and you’ll see our He’ll perfect your day for your, he knows better than you and once you give Him the go ahead he will load you with the benefits of the day Psalm 68:19