The aim of any business is to make money.
Yes money, but money has value, therefore, the aim of any business is to make highly valued currency.
Exportation is a very cool business to earn foreign currency, especially, dollars.
Through exportation, one can easily earn foreign currency like dollars, within a short period.
Dollar is a popular currency used in transactions across all countries owing to the prestige of the United State of America.
Exporting goods from Nigeria can change the face of the economic situation in the country.
Nigeria as a blessed country, there are thousands of goods that can be exported to fetch in dollars. Our waste here are hot cakes aboard, see the list of what you can export and import dollars to your bank account.
- Ginger: Yes ginger! This spice is a very valuable crop, especially medically. It is an indeed a free gift of nature. It is one of the most consumed spices in the world. Fortunately for us, Nigeria is one of the largest producers in the world, thus, making it available for exportation. This makes it a very promising investment.
- Palm kernel oil: This is byproduct of oil palm, This is the oil extracted from the pulp of palm fruit which is different from palm oil. It is always creamy in color with soothing smell. This product has many uses, it is a raw material for soap making, cosmetics, pharmaceutical products and confectioneries. This oil is very valuable and widely used, it is rich in protein. This oil is enough to change the financial status of any individual that delve into its production and exportation.
- Garments and textiles: This is another gold mine for Nigerians. A huge source of dollar from exportation. Nigerians are talented, we have designers that can creatively turn their handiwork to millions of dollar. Nigeria is one of the leaders in the fashion world. A made in Nigeria garment can be exported to bring back dollars. It was recorded that the textile industry alone generated close to $32billion as revenue from export from Nigeria. Fortunately, Nigeria’s textiles enjoy duty free passage into United States where it has the largest markets in the world because of its unique designs, ethnic African designs and quality.
- Cocoa butter: undoubtedly, agriculture is very relevant to any nation development. Cocoa butter is a byproduct from cocoa plant. Cocoa plant is a highly valued agriculture product. It has several byproducts. Cocoa butter is one real sources of chocolates of all types, various skin care products, health products, and pharmaceutical products. The demands of Cocoa is gigantic in both America and UK. Nigeria is a big producer of cocoa, thus, making the business feasible.
- Gall stone: Gall stone is a clay-like solid substance that can be obtained from the gallbladder of matured cow and oxen. Its usually as big as chicken egg, it is a very valuable material medically, as foreign pharmaceuticals companies are always in search for it. Quality gall stone of about 100g can make a Nigerian rich for his life time as pharmaceutical companies are ready to pay any amount to acquire it. We have abattoirs across the country, this should not be a problem.
- Rubber: Rubber is the latex gotten from a tree crop, Hevea braziliensis . This tree produces rubber, the tree can be found in tropical areas of the world which Nigeria is a part. Nigeria is one of the top producers of rubber in the world, thus, this has made the government set up Central Testing Laboratories to ensure that only certified rubbers leave the country for Europe and America which are in dire needs of the product. Rubber is used for the manufacture of various products like vehicle tyre, and the likes.
- Sesame seed: This is a highly valuable commodity though not so common. It is produced in areas like Benue and jigawa. After cocoa, sesame seed ranks second in terms of export volumes and foreign exchange earnings. Fortunately, Nigeria is the 5th largest producer of this commodity.
- Honey: Honey is another commodity that can be traded to other parts of the world, bringing in dollars in return. Honey is an universally accepted product that can be used for various purposes, chiefly, medications. It is indeed a free gift of nature as pure honey contains well trace enzymes as sugar, mineral, vitamins and amino acids. Honey bees are now domesticated to produce honey across the country. This product can be exported abroad provided its of good quality.
- Shrimp: This is an aquatic animal that can be gotten from the river bodies, fortunately, Nigeria is blesses with many coastal regions, where this can be gotten and processed for exporting purposes. The Niger Delta region is an endowed region with rich organic deposits of Shrimps. The demands of Shrimps is high in countries like Portugal, France, Belgium, Spain, Europe and USA. If one can successfully tap into this resources, surely the person will break even.
- Garlic: Garlic is an annual and cash crop that can be grown extensively on savanna areas of the country. Garlic is known for its medical value and its therapeutic properties. Garlic is a cash crop which is grown under irrigation by farmers in the Savanna areas in Nigeria. With good quality garlic, you are sure of earning foreign hard currencies.
- Yam tubers: Yam is a staple food in Nigeria. Nigeria is currently the highest producer of yam, Nigeria is blessed with rich fertile lands that favors the growth of agriculture commodities. Yam is an annual crop with a gestation period of 9-12 months. . In 2009 alone, yam export accounted for about US$450 million exchange. Yam tuber export is very lucrative and can fetch lots of foreign currencies.
- Charcoal: this is one of the mineral resources Nigeria is enriched with, charcoal is an alternative source of energy, making it well reputed in the international market. This can be gotten in large quantities in areas like Enugu in Nigeria. A large market for charcoal exists in ASIA, EU, and USA. A tone of this product goes for at least $1000 in international market.
- Cotton: Cotton is another product derived from cotton plant. It is usually found in the northern part of Nigeria, cotton is the most valuable source of fibre. Cotton is a used for making fabrics. Recently, the National Cotton Association of Nigeria (NACOTAN) received a sum of N33 million to rehabilitate the cotton production sector. Cotton is needed abroad for good quality fabrics, thus, creating a good market for it abroad.
- Cassava flour: Cassava flour is gotten from cassava tuber, which is the most grown crop in Nigeria. Cassava is very valuable, it has several byproducts, part of which is the flour. Cassava flour is a very nutritious product made from cassava, it is rich in nutrients and minerals. Cassava flour can be used in baking, like bread, chips, cookies and the likes. This increases its demand in the foreign markets as the demands of well processed cassava flour is increasing both in Europe, Middle East and in America.
- Cashew nuts: This is another product from cashew plant which can be grown in almost every part of the country. Cashew is a tree plant that bears nuts with its fruits. The nuts are usually dried and roasted to get the kernel which is the edible part of the but, these nuts are good medically as they reduces blood pressure. Great quantity of unprocessed raw cashew nuts are exported to India, Brazil and Vietnam where they are processed into kernels and moved to the Northern America and Europe. This has made lots of people millionaires overnight, you can be part of them if you are ready to explore the business.
- Snail: Snails are nocturnal micro livestock. Snail meat is a good source of quality protein. Medically, it is preferable to all kinds of meat. There is a perfect market for snail abroad, European Countries and America. Snails are now domesticated and harvested for processing. If well package, snail can bring a huge profit from international market.
- Chilli pepper: Nigeria is enriched with soils that favours the growth of agriculture commodities. Chilli pepper exportation is a very lucrative business owing to the fact that the weather condition of most countries abroad does not favour the growth of pepper over there. Making it very difficult to cultivate. It is a huge opportunity if one can invest in this business line.
- Fruit juice: Nigeria has several fruit crops, grown extensively in different parts of the country. This makes fruit juice production easy and viable in the country due to the availability of raw material, but in countries where there is lack of good planting conditions for fruits, exportation from Nigeria is the only way out to access fruit juice there. Thus, creating a good market for juice exportation.
- Poultry products: Nigeria is one of the largest producers of poultry products, especially egg. These products are needed abroad especially the middle east countries. Some prominent farms in Nigeria export egg and other poultry products to these countries via a chartered plane. There is a good market for the products provided one knows the network of the business.
- Cosmetics and soap: What makes these products marketable abroad is the unique and natural raw materials used during the manufacturing. These are what are missing abroad, these products have no residual effects on human skin, thus, making the skin glow and prevent from diseases. Exportation of these products can fetch the producer millions of dollars within a short period, provided the products are well packaged.
These are the business opportunities here in Nigeria. These ventures are very lucrative and promising provided one is ready for the stress and struggle. Nigeria as a country is blessed with all to make the citizens rich, however, idea is needed to make the business practicable.