ANCHOR SCRIPTURE: PSALM 47:7
MESSAGE TOPIC: UNDERSTANDING PRAISE AND WORSHIP
SERVICE OBJECTIVE: Praising God with understanding
1. One of the most profitable uses of human speech or voice is in the direction of the praise and worship of the Creator (Isa. 43:21)
It is not enough to praise God, it is crucial to praise God with understanding
The depth of understanding determines the intensity of success
2. Praise is a multipurpose spiritual therapy (Ps. 34:1; 71:6)
It is praise alone that can heal you of an affliction, deliver you from the powers of the occult, and give you a husband at the same time
Praise has no drug interaction, reaction or overdose
3. People seek God when the pray, but God seeks those who praise (John 4:23)
Those who seek God get miracles, but those whom God seeks get God Himself (Ps. 22:3)
Those who know how to praise God are heard before they pray (John 11:41)
The more praiseful we are, the more we will have to be praiseful for (Acts 2:47)
WHAT EXACTLY IS PRAISE AND WHY DO WE PRAISE?
1. Praise is the fulfilment of the creature’s assignment unto the Creator (Ps. 150:6; Ps. 19:1-2; Isa. 55:12)
Praise is the release of inbuilt praise or adoration packaged into the creature by the Creator
God will never place a demand where He has not placed a deposit
2. Praise is the flow of appreciation from man to God for His goodness, mercies and kindness (Ps. 107:15-16, 21-22, 31-32; 106:1-2; Eccl. 9:4)
God is a good God
Appreciation is a critical part of relationship; it releases the dividends of relationship
The ‘Godness’ of God is connected to the goodness of God
3. Praise is the celebration of the Almightiness and Sovereignty of God (Ps. 146:10; 145:1-7; Rev. 19:6)
Praise is the celebration of the excellency and majesty of God
Kings and royalties thrive in praise
Whatever you celebrate, you activate
What you celebrate will gravitate towards you; if you can tell God how mighty He is, He will show you how mighty He is
4. Praise is the expression of value and affection for God (Mark 12:29-32; Ps. 40:16; 42:1-2; 86:12; 50:23)
Man was created to honour, value and love his Creator; it is at the place of praise that value is expressed
Everywhere there is quality relationship, there is also quality expression of value
If you do for God what He can’t do for Himself (praise), then He does for you what you can’t do for yourself
5. Praise is the celebration of God from the fullness of the spirit (Acts 2:7-10,13; Eph. 5:18-20; Rom. 14:17)
Real praise is a product of buoyancy in the spirit
Dryness of praise is always a product of dryness of the spirit
6. Praise is an expression of honour and gratitude for the character and personality of God (1Chron. 16:29; 2Chron. 20:21; Ps.29:2; 96:9; 18:3)
Praise is focused not on what God can do but for Who He is
Real praisers worship God for Who HE is; they don’t hang around His Hand, they seek His Face
KEYS TO PRAISE THAT PRODUCES:
1. Praise from the heart (John 4:23)
2. Praise in truth (John 4:23)
3. Praise in abandonment (2Sam. 6:14)
4. Praise in the beauty of holiness (Ps. 29:2)
i. Deliverance praise
ii. Judgmental praise (Ps. 149:5-9)
Father, I’m praising You in the beauty of holiness, I ask for cleansing of everything that is not of You in my life. I am praising You in abandonment, sincerity and truth. I’m praising You from my heart, and I receive the grace to do so.
The Oil of gladness; every cause of pressure and depression is arrested by the Anointing!
– Everything worrying you is over forever!
– Whatever followed you for years, today the yoke is over!
– Between now and next Sunday, anyone that will not let you rest will be laid to rest
– Where people in your family and your clan have never reached, God will take you there!
– Because of you, nationally and internationally, the name of your father’s house shall appear in places that will amaze you!
– The Lord is wiping your tears and changing your story
– You shall become the first person to achieve what they said cannot be achieved in your family! The embargo is lifted!