How to Pray Effectively and receive Answers to Prayers
Prayer is not a religious practice, and there is no point praying, when the PRAYER won’t be answered!
Prayer is essentially a communication medium between man and God, We pray to God and he answers, that is why Prayer exists, that is why Prayer is Potent, that is why we give ourselves to continuous praying, it keeps us edify, it keeps us winning the battles of Life.
I have encounter so many people that complain about prayer to me and some of them are even frustrated.
However, we understand through Scriptures that prayer is powerful, and when we pray, God answers.
The only reason why many people pray and nothing happens is because they don’t know “How to” pray, it is not enough to pray, you must know and understand how to it appropriately and effectively to the end that there will be result.
In this article, i will be sharing with you, the appropriate way to pray and receive answers.
In my life and walk with God, i have prayed over personal issues and over People’s lives and issues and God showed up with answers, and that is why i will be teaching you from the knowledge of God’s word and from my experiences.
It’s amazing in the scriptures the apostle walked with Jesus and were astonished at the things that are made manifest in his live and ministry and they had no choice than to tell him “Master, “Teach us, to Pray“.
But the truth is, before then, they know how to pray already, what they were saying was that…. ‘teach us how to pray effectively’.
Luke 11:1-13 (KJV)
11 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.
2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
Now, it’s important i make things clear a lot here that, Jesus was not teaching them to quote him verbatim when praying, what Jesus was saying here was that, when you pray, you pray in that manner “Pattern”.
So How do we pray Effectively and receive Answers ?
- Pray to a known God : Yes! You can only pray to a God that you know, for instance, our christian journey started at salvation and from there we progressed and moved further walking with he Lord. You can not pray untill you are saved, every other prayer you make outside salvation are not guaranteed to be answered. So if you want to pray and receive answers from heaven, then you must give your Life to Christ first. The Prayer of a sinner, the bible says is an abomination against God ( Proverbs 15:8 ) . You must live in Righteousness and fear of God if you truly want your prayers to be answered by God. The Bible says, who shall ascend into the hill of the lord, or who shall stand in his Holy Place? He that has a clean hands and a pure heart ( Psalm 24:3 ). So cleanliness, purity and sanctification is a major requirement for us to stand in the secret place of God.
2. Pray in Faith : If you really want God to answer your prayers, then you must pray unto the true and living God in faith, this means, in full assurance of who God is and what he can do, he’s almighty, he has the power to heal headache and cancer, there is nothing too difficult for him, the other day, when the apostle were ministering, and they could not handle the case of a particular person, Jesus came and said to them “Oh, yea of little Faith – ( Matthew 8:26, Matthew 6:30) “. So from there, we learn to understand that it is possible that you are praying but you are limiting yourself from answers by the virtue of your Little Faith.
There is nothing God can not do, you must know that he is Omnipotent (All Powerful God), he is more than able, even when he promises to make a way, and a way is not forth coming yet, then you just need to believe him for his word, for the bible says, “So shall my word be that as gone out of my mouth, it shall not return to me void — Isaiah 55:11 “.
I would love to make something clear right here when you pray, desire to receive instructions from God as to what you are praying about, the voice of God, it makes your FAITH to be potent and strong, the Voice of God is a major requirement that determines the potency of our Faith, any word you receive from God, either by his voice or an encounter with the Scriptures, hold onto it and it will embolden your FAITH.
3. Pray in Understanding and in the Spirit : This is very important, you are praying to the living God, you must pray with understanding, if you want healing, ask the lord to heal you, since the bible says “Healing is the food of the children, – Matthew 15:26 ” That means God specializes in Healing. Go to God in boldness as a child of God, the same way an earthly child will before his/her father to request whatever he/she wants, if God is your father, then you have no reason to pannick.
Praying in Understanding means, praying with normal words that you can understand, but more potent and more reliable approach to Prayer, is “Praying in the Spirit“. When you are praying Tongues, you utterances are mysteries, nobody understands, not even the devil, it is an heavenly language, it is a powerful language, it is the perfect way to pray according to the will of God, because most of the times, you don’t eve know what you are saying, so it helps you to absolutely surrender to the will of God.
Then, another essential reality that takes place when you pray in the spirit, is that, you have dominion and power, you swift level of spiritual authority, when you pray in the Spirit, you have understanding and you have clarity as to what is going on, you perceive and receive better from God when you are given to praying in the Spirit, however, it started with the Baptism of the Holyghost with the evidence of Speaking in Tongues, you can click here to read in details about the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the importance it has in the lives of Believers.
4. Love the Lord : The best of God are always the exclusive preserve of the Lovers of God, there are so many dividends that you enjoy as a lover of God, i mean a passionate Lover of God, one of such is “Answers to Prayer”, as a true Lover of God, your entire lifestyle are always in conformity with the will of God and as such, you enjoy divine interventions, when you pray, because in Heaven, Answers to prayers are always a product of “Who is Praying?”
The identity, you have gained by your LOVE for GOD, facilitates the answers to come swiftly, the bible says;
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him ( 1 Corinthians 2:9 ).
Loving God as a lifestyle also draws God nearer to you, as an individual and when God is near/close to you, when you open your mouth to make a request from God, you can be so sure it will be answered because you are intimate with the spirit of God already.
5. Pray in accordance to the word of God : I have seen people make some prayer request and i ask myself, are they dummy ? Who do you take God for ? How would you be asking God to do “Wickedness?” Don’t you know that no wickedness exists in God?
He dwells in realms of Light and Eternity, He’s the Lord God almighty! Mighty in Battle and gracious in his ways, he does no wicked, far be it that the almighty should do wickedness, because his throne is established in Righteousness. So any request that is not founded on Righteousness is against the will of God and therefore, it can not be granted, so to pray appropriately, you must pray in accordance to the word of God, Let the Scriptures guide your navigation in Prayers and Supplication, when you pray according to the word, your prayer is going to be “the will of God” and that is why it is surely going to receive answers.
For instance, Let’s take a look at the Prayer f Jabez in 1 Chronicles 4:10;
And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.
You can see the prayer was accurate and was in accordance to the will of God?
So he receive answers to the prayer, because it was a good one, You can just begin to pray like Jabez too, and the same God will answer your prayers.
Look at this Scriptures, – But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head ( Psalm 3:3 ).
That Scripture proves to us, that God takes delight and pleasure in lifting you up in every area of Life, you can begin to pray for this t be a reality in your Life.
Let’s look one more scriptures also; Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. ( 3 John 1:2 ).
The Scripture shows to us, that God actually want us to live and dwell in the realm of Divine Health, Prosperity and eternity, that’s a three-fold blessing, now that you know this is the will of God for you, you can go ahead and pray it into fulfillment in your Life.
6. Pray and Listen : I love this attitude in prayer, it is the exclusive preserve of the True “Sons of God”. There is nothing that averts destruction in Life like Instructions, when you know what to do, you stress less and enjoy a better and more productive Life.
So often times, people are asking the lord to do something, but there is yet what they ought to do, to have the desired result they are praying for, so wisdom demands that you to God and ask him for what you must do, that is why we pray in the spirit, to be able to hear the voice of God, and know what he is saying, this will help us a whole lot to navigate appropriately in warfare and prayer,
So learn to listen to the spirit, when you are praying, let the Holy Spirit give you instruction and direction, this will help you understand the mind of God as regard the situation, The Bible says, For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. ( Romans 8:14 ).
It also says, And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” ( Isaiah 30:21 ).
So God is such that, he takes pleasure in leading and directing his people in various aspect of their journey on earth, subscribe today to the direction and divine leading of God, and he will help you.
7. Make Supplication with Thanksgiving : This is in two fold, one is, “When you Praise God indeed with all your heart, you worship in intensely in spirit and i truth God is automatically drawn near to you, and when that happens, even you, will bear witness to this experience, you will feel the hand of God upon you and the spirit of God will rest upon you afresh, when this happens, you can begin to pray because your prayers are going to answered expressly, this is how we walk with God.
I am teaching you the ways of GOD.
The Bible says, He made known his ways to Moses and his Acts to the Children of Israel – Psalm 103 : 7 .
The reason is because the ways of God are kept for those who walk with God, those who are intimacy with him, those who desires him and trust in him, and this is because, the ways of God, always command the Acts of God.
When you are a True Worshiper, and one that knows how to worship God in deep intimacy and intensity, you literally live and exist with the Presence of God, and you know what?
The Presence of God is the secret code to “Answered Prayer“.
Now on the other side, when you listen to God, and you receive an instruction, perhaps you have been praying about a particular issue of concern for longtime, and you receive from God a way out, or God showed you a vision that it has been settled, don’t waste time, go into serious Intense Praise and Worship in truth and in spirit, in songs, in words, in tongues and Thank God deeply from your heart, the reason why we do this is to put a seal on our Blessings.
When you give God praise and glorify after every testimony, answered prayer and divine encounter with him, it puts a zeal on your Blessings.
May God empower you to walk in the light of the truth you have just learn now, and i pray that you continually enjoy Answers to Prayer in Jesus mighty name!