How Bishop David Oyedepo Met His Wife, Faith Their Marriage Success & Life Story
Below is an interesting love and marriage success story of Living Faith Founder, Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo and his wife, Mrs Faith Oyedepo.
Read their marriage success story and learn from it.
Interesting Facts About Bishop Oyedepo’s Marriage You Should Know:
1. He met her at a Motor Park
2. She was a university student – GREAT IFE while he was only a Polytechnic student in Kwarapoly (Remember the discrimination) – she could have snubbed him – but she responded.
3. His friends complained that he was carrying Christianity too zealously as if he was the only Christian – she became zealous too.
4. He took her to church in 1976 and made her sign an agreement (SAILING UNDER SEALED ORDERS) to marry and follow him whether he becomes blind, lame or handicapped… she signed.
5. Just before he married her, he told her God had sent him to LIBERATE THE WORLD (while he was still hopping between jobs) and went on to resign his job; his elder brother lambasted him, she stood by him.
6. He told her God had shown him the key to prosperity – she believed.
7. He told her they would build a 50,000 capacity tent and preach the gospel from private jets-she believed her dreamer lover.
8. He was too ‘buoyant’ to afford a hotel room on his wedding eve, he slept in his rickety Volkswagen Beetle – she married him.
9. During a moment of insane faith, he ordered a mad man to be put in his car alone with her while she was pregnant; she remained.
10. She saw she was dripping blood while pregnant and explained to him that she had a miscarriage, he shouted “It CANNOT Happen, Can I have my food please” – she served him food.
11. She just had their first baby and there was no food or money at home. He refused to borrow or ask or take church money and they were drinking/eating “CERELAC Baby food’ for 3 days – she ate with him.
12. She came to church one day and saw him so excited with few members while waiting for service to start; he explained to her that service was actually over – she laughed.
13. People kept praying for her and her husband as they seemed to be crazy and needed deliverance-she kept faith.
14. He announced a new Bible school and she knew there was no facility; she asked him and he replied “Is it your school”?
She kept quiet.
IT DOESN’T END THERE!
15. She didn’t know they were going to be flying in customized jets round the world.
16. She didn’t know he will pastor and she, co-pastor the largest church auditorium in the world.
17. She didn’t know he will be a father to millions all over the world.
18. She didn’t know he will be hosted by Presidents and Heads of States of nations.
19. She didn’t know he will be a Chancellor and Pioneer of one of the best Private-owned Universities in the world…..and six others.
20. She woke up one day on her sick bed in the USA and unexpectedly saw her hubby who had flown in quietly from Nigeria and had refused to wake her up….. he was kneeling on the floor by her legs and crying ‘Lord, heal her and prove that you sent me”- She got healed miraculously… …TWICE!. She didn’t know. #All she saw was a Man with A BIG GOD inside him.
Her name is “FAITH”!
It is sad to see that many ladies of these days can’t stand by a man with purpose and vision like this today. Most ladies want a man that has ‘arrived’ but forget that most men that walk with God need to grow in Him even as they (The ladies) grow with him (The husband).
Some of our mothers married our fathers when they had nothing to their names and together they grew to where they got to.
Sadly, some of those parents will not accept a spouse that doesn’t have much to his or her name when their child wants to be joined with one.
Who upturned our values? Who said you need to ‘arrive’ before taking a helping hand and obtaining blessings from God?
Hey, marriage is not an achievement like one of your degrees or acquisition like a car or landed property. Some marriages bring the completeness a man or woman needs. Let’s get our priorities right.
Thanks mama Oyedepo for not been proud and overwhelm as we see in most ladies of our days, you have become to that king – Bishop David Oyedepo.