bishop david oyedepo
Facts about The Living Faith Church (Winners Chapel)
- The Living faith church that is now 36 years now(2017) was birthed by an 18 hour vision on the 1st and 2nd of may 1981. It happened at The international hotel in Ilesha where Brother David Oyedepo went to visit a new convert and follow him up, only to discover that the new convert as traveled. God then told him to get somewhere quiet so he can talk to him.
- God showed him a crowd of people crying, in pain, suffering, all manner of hardship , it was so bad that he cried with the people then he asked the Lord what is this? then God told him, FROM THE BEGINNING IT WAS NOT SO, NOW THE HOUR HAS COME TO LIBERATE THE WORLD FROM ALL OPPRESSION OF THE DEVIL AND I AM SENDING YOU TO UNDERTAKE THIS TASK. That was how the Liberation Mandate came to life.
- The ministry has never borrowed from anyone or any company, no foreign help of any kind was giving to the ministry. The ministry has never been on debt, and there has never been overdraft right from the onset till date because the ministry has taken its root in God and know that it is only God that giveth power to get wealth.
- God told Bishop David Oyedepo that I will not have you go the way others have gone, I will have hands to be laid on you, send for My savant Pastor E.A. Adeboye to lay his Hand on you, and after the laying of hands of God’s servant Pastor Adeboye, Wisdom practically rested upon Bishop Oyedepo and that was how the exploits started, today Bishop and Pastor Adeboye has develop such a strong bond and priestly relationship, almost like friendship.
- The word of Faith baton was passed to Bishop David Oyedepo by God from Kenneth E. Hagin, he pratically had an encounter with God when he saw the face of Kenneth Hagin, and Oil was pouring down from his face unto the head of Bishop.
- The winners family have so many spiritual fathers, the likes of Pastor E.A. Adeboye, Kenneth E. Hagin, Kenneth Copeland, Benson Idahosa, etc.
- The ministry headquarters moved to Canaanland Ota lagos in the year 1999.
- The reason why the commission see, get and have what they say the way they say it is because God told Bishop Oyedepo many years ago, “I HAVE TOUCHED YOUR MOUTH WITH THE COAL OF FIRE AND AS FROM TODAY ANYTHING YOU SAY YOU SHALL HAVE IT JUST THE WAY YOU HAVE SAID IT” when he was crawling down from the top of a mountain after he fasted for several days and was finding it hard to come down from the mountain he was on for several days that he had to crawl down.
- The commission has one of the world’s biggest auditorium that can sit 50000 people comfortably and currently building a 100,000 seater capacity stadium-like auditorium with a rotating Altar.
- The media and some government bodies have been against the ministry since it began but they have not been able to stop it, as a matter of fact, the Commission grows and wax stronger and stronger in the face of criticism.
- The ministry has a publishing house that handles all the publishing work called the Dominion publishing house.
- The ministry has primary school named (Kingdom Heritage), secondary schools named (Faith Academy) with two universities Covenant university and Landmark university and both of the universities have their primary and secondary schools and others on the way.
- The ministry has 4 private jets and helicopter.
- The ministry was first started as a fellowship group and with four or three and a half members as the Bishop would say because the fourth person was not consistent, from there they keep growing to more than millions of attendance as we can all see it today.
- The ministry at the start was having a problem with growth rate, but on the day that was going to change God showed Bishop David Oyedepo that the enemies had used a thick layer of black cloth to cover the Church and as the Lord open his eyes to see that, he began to pray, rejecting the enemy’s work, the veil began to roll away and that was victory for the church.
- When multitudes started to come it was recorded that a man in his Testimony said that he has been passing the front of the church but has always been seeing people putting on white clothes so he thought it was a white garment church and at that time the Bishop has not even started putting on his white suits.
- The ministry has 12 Pillars it was built upon;
- FAITH (1 John 5:4; Eph. 6:16)
- THE WORD (John 1:1-12; Heb. 1:3)
- SIGNS AND WONDERS (Ps. 82:5-7; John 3:8)
- THE HOLY SPIRIT (Acts 1:1-8; Isaiah 10:27)
- PROSPERITY (3 John 2; Ps. 35:27; Zech. 1:17)
- PRAYER (1 John 5:14)
- HEALING (Isaiah 53:3-4; Jer. 8:22; Matt. 8:17)
- WISDOM (Prov. 24:3-4, Isaiah 33:6)
- SUCCESS (Joshua 1:8-10)
- VISION (Prov. 29:18, Jer. 29:11)
- CONSECRATION (Hebrews 12:14; 2Tim. 2:19)
- PRAISE (2 Chro. 20:20-22; Ps. 67:1-7; 149:1-9)
- The commission started Shiloh in 1999 with themes for every year and also the commission has a prophetic focus for every month in which the teachings of the month will take its course.
- The president of the commission is Bishop David Oyedepo and the first vice president is Bishop David Abioye
- The commission has given scholarships to so many people both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria.
- The current Resident Pastor of Faith Tabernacle is Pastor David Oyedepo Junior who also happens to be the first born of Bishop Oyedepo.
- The commission has planted over 5000 churches in Nigeria and over 1000 worldwide.
- The Faith Tabernacle holds five services with an average attendance of over 500,000 plus people.
- There as been all kinds of mind blowing miracles and testimony to witness the hand of God and the power of God at work in their midst, we have heard of People receiving the Baptism of the Holyghost and putting an end to addictions and terrible agenda of the devil just after listening to the tapes of Bishop David Oyedepo.
- Miracles of Blind eyes opening up, lame walking, dead been raised back to life happens frequently in Winners Chapel.
- Bishop as been a great father and mentor to so many Pastors and ministers across the world, The Ministry presently has not lesser than 1,500 Pastors across the Church network globally.
- The ministry as been the leading of the Holy spirit through God’s servant, as continually commit itself to the responsibility of raising kingdom giants and spiritually vibrant Christians, through the WORD OF FAITH BIBLE INSTITUTE (WOFBI) that runs cu currently through out the year, in certain stipulated months (I have personally been transformed by the encounter on the mountain of WOFBI).
- Some of The Sons of the prophets from other ministries includes; pastor Korede Komaya, Pastor Paul Enenche, Pastor Ibiyeome and many more.
- More often than not, the ministrations of Bishop Oyedepo are always evident with instant Miracles, quiet a lot of manifestation of the spirit and power of God is always made manifest to heal and deliver God’s people.
- The ministry is one of the richest commission worldwide and Bishop Oyedepo as been considered to be the Richest Pastor globally.
- Apart from the Power moves and signs and wonders, divine encounters that many people have with God on the mountain of Shiloh (The annual in-gathering of the commission) Shiloh is always a meeting with the whole world gathering/ connecting via the internet, so Bishop ministers to almost the whole world, Shiloh delivers divine secrets and most relevant agenda of God to the church and the body of Christ at large.
- The Commission is very strategic about Church growth endeavors, as they g on outreaches, soul winning and various other means of bringing men to the feet of Jesus and converting them to instant apostles of Christ.
- The ministry as changed the face of Christianity in Nigeria, and as been a Voice to the body of Christ globally, Prosperity and dignitary as been clothed to the Church in Nigeria through the exemplary landmark that Winners Chapel is leading.
- It’s interesting to know that, by the workings o Grace, the ministry commands sweat-less breakthrough where ever it goes, the church growth is always amazing and the lives of men are truly and indeed LIBERATED!
- Bishop Oyedepo’s Pictures on fliers have been recorded many times to be used by God to deliver the members from armed robbery attack, and hired killer attacks.
- The ministry is based on practical true teachings of the word of God, they are men of Strong faith and exploits in God.
There are so much to write about Winners Chapel, God as done so much for this generation through this commission.
We give God all the glory, this is a place you really must be, if you want your life and destiny to move forward, there is so much God is doing in Winners Chapel, I can say the church is one of the few places that are at the center of God’s most relevant agenda for the end time Christians.
Kindly add your own contribution to his article by commenting below;
Share with friends.