The bed is a place for rest and recreation.
It is place for recuperation, hence hospitals have abundance of it.
The bed is a place for sleeping.
But that is not all.
The bed is also a place for pleasure.
It is a place where love is consummated.
And it also a place where love is desecrated.
What do one do with the bed?
That is what we are looking at this morning.
Song of Solomon 1:16 (KJV)
Behold, thou art fair, my beloved, yea, pleasant: also our bed is green.
Yes, he is handsome, he is an Adonis, she is beautiful, she is irresistible, but you are not yet married.
As a result, the bed should be kept green.
The bed should remain green.
When there is jeru trip before marriage, the bed becomes red, it is no longer green.
The blood flows out through the hymen, but rather than make the bed greener in the beauty of consumation after marriage, the bed becomes defiled with stolen waters!
The same truth is reiterated in Hebrews 13:4 (KJV):
Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
Marriage is honorable when it is kept green, and the bed is undefiled.
When that green color is stained with the sweat of compromise, the honor in marriage is tampered with.
There is a waiting judgement for fornicators and adulterers.
But there is also mercy for those who will refrain from defiling the bed and would love to do it God’s way.
Here are few things to note about the bed for Singles and Married
1. The bed should be kept green. No Jeru trip before marriage
2. The bed should be kept green. Avoid kissing, touching, petting, dry-humping, masturbation and the likes.
3. Do not spend the night on the same bed with your fiancé / fiancée
4. Do not relax on the same bed with him or her before marriage.
5. Keep the bed undefiled and keep yourself undefiled. Stay away from getting intimate wherever you find yourself in the kitchen, in the living room, in the car and so on and so forth.
1. Never get angry with the bed. The bed never offended you once.
2. Never sleep in any other room apart from your bedroom for any reason.
3. Leaving an empty space on the bed beside your spouse is carelessness. You are unwittingly asking another to get in there. Be careful. Forgive each other in a hurry. Practice advance forgiveness in other to save your marriage
4. The bed is a place of mutual satisfaction. Be free. Let go of inhibitions. Communicate your desires.
5. Tell him or her how you want it. Do not be over spiritual. But do not stray into perversion.
6. Bedtime is not prayer time. When your spouse is touching you in bed, it is not the time to start speaking in tongues. Your prayers should be done some other time unless you have an express or urgent leading to pray, which would not be everyday.
7. Do not deny each other. Satisfy your husband till he is blind to any other strange woman out there.
8. Do not go on prolonged fasting for months and months at the detriment of your sexual life, It has been known to make people vulnerable to adultery.
I think I will stop here this morning.
I pray that God will give you more understanding. I curse every sexual addiction and soul ties in the name of Jesus. I proclaim you free from all perversions in Jesus name!
CONFESSION FOR THE DAY
I will not defile the bed
I am focused on the things of God!