In our today’s segment, we address common mistakes that Facebook marketers do that can be avoided;
- Don’t create a profile instead of a page for your business.
- Don’t neglect to monitor your Facebook page post and comments.
- Don’t ignore negativity. Whether it’s a troll or complaint.
- Don’t leave the meta description as is: When you paste a link into a new Facebook post, the meta data from that post (an image and a short description) gets pulled in automatically. But that doesn’t mean you should just press “Publish.” Instead, add some relevant post copy.
- Don’t make your post too long; Research shows shorter post have higher engagement compared to longer post.
- Don’t post images of just any size: Pixilated & cluttered images are very difficult to read. They are not attractive to your audience.
- Don’t post too often: Studies show engagement drops when you post too often. The rule of thumb is to keep it between 1-3 posts/day.