food and Nutrition
10 Lucrative Business Ideas in Food Industry
Food is a substance, or a particular substance providing nourishment for people or animals, especially in solid as opposed to liquid form, it is also a material that provides living things with the nutrients they need for energy and growth.
Taking a very critical look into this particular industry of all the industry trust me this is an industry that is not likely to breakdown at any time unlike the other industry, no matter the state of things in any country, be it economic breakdown, famine or whatever, people still find a way of feeding themselves.
People may stop using clothes, they may stop the use of jewelries but to sustain themselves they have to keep eating, which makes this industry a very interesting and one of the best industry you can venture your money into;
Are you the type that is so interested in this industry and caught among several turns, this is not time to bother yourself but just take a deep breath and follow as we journey together on this article and explore that which you can do as touching food and make your money.
And this also a business that as the ability to spring forth in any area, region or locality be it in African, Europe, Australia and every other continents, it have all tendency to spring forth in any country as far as you are willing to place more attention on the food that is dear to each country.
So if you’re interested in this particular business let’s see together that which you can do;
- Become A Food Producer. This is what I basically call the basis of the food industry, because to make hamburgers, fast-food chains need meat and flour; which in turn are produced by the farmers. To offer vegetable salads, restaurants need lettuces, potatoes and some sorts of fruit, to also make pounded yam, you will definitely need yam. The amazing thing about this part is the fact that you don’t need any cooking skills and extensive business plan to become a farmer. If you can grow crops or raise animals like cow, snails, grasscutter, rabbits, pigs, turkeys or chickens, you will surely find buyers both locally and internationally. You can also establish large scale plantations such as palm oil plantation, plantain, orange, pineapple, etc.
- Food Retailing. You can also retail raw food or processed food stuffs. I mean food stuffs such as yam, rice, beans, flour, maize, etc. Your aim here is to source for the food stuffs at a wholesale price and resell for a profit. You can even take it a step further by sourcing it from the producers or farmers and resell it both wholesale and retail.
- Food Processing. If you are the type that has enough money to venture into this particular part and there is even no limit to the foods you can process and package, you can always process yam into yam flour, cassava into cassava flour, palm seed into palm oil, cocoa into beverages, raw cow milk into refined milk, fresh tomatoes into canned or sachet tomatoes, fresh pepper into grind pepper etc.
- Food Cart or Stand. Selling food is probably one of the problems for people who want to start a food business. The reason is because most people don’t have the needed capital to invest in restaurants or fast food joints. If you really want to sell ready to eat foods, you don’t need a space with a high monthly rent. One of the top food business ideas for those with small capital is to use a food cart or stand. You can operate for free or for a small fee. The success or failure of this business depends on your location. You don’t even need to push the cart around, you can just concentrate on cooking and employ people to push the cart and sell the food.
- Frozen Foods. This is also a business that can make it way out in any area or part of the world, because not everyone can pass the stress of killing and preparing animals for consumption, so by creating a ready-made frozen foods such as Chicken meat, goat meat, pig meat, turkey, gizzard etc. and make you money very well.
- Fast Foods. Fast food shop is another profitable idea to look into, even though the popularity and dominance of companies such as McDonald’s, Starbucks, KFC, Domino’s, Mr. Biggs, Tantalizer etc.; you can still breakeven if you will be willing to find a small niche and serve it. In Nigeria, the market is still very much untapped.
- Roving Food Van. If you don’t want your food business to be stationery, you can use a vehicle such as a van to go around the city offering your food products. It is more expensive than a food cart but you can reach more people and you wouldn’t have to rely on passersby.
- Restaurants. This one of the business that has really travailed in this part of the world many are getting on this on daily basis and the market is still very much open to as many as who still want to invest into this industry. You can start this business on a small, medium or large scale. You can also choose to serve local or continental dishes.
- Weight Loss or Dietary Foods. There is also a craze involving foods that help people lose weight or at least don’t make them fat, because almost everyone hates adding up much weight they just want to get slim. You can do very in this sector if you can specialize and come up with foods that have weight loss effect, you can easily find customers.
- Food Blogging. This a part you can set up with a very little amount of money if you are the type that doesn’t have to much money to setup or invest your money in those business that are mention above. Your blog can focus on suggestive ways to develop usual food preparation and cooking techniques, or just write about a new way to make an omelet. Coming up with an innovative pasta dish and see your blog traffic surge. You can make money from your blog through Google AdSense, selling advertising space, selling your own products or selling other people’s product.
So regardless of the capital you have, you can still tap into the food industry by being a food producer, a food seller or teacher, the choice is basically yours.